How To Join
To achieve each child's confidence and performance level we strive for as a choir, good commitment and regular attendance is expected, and indeed necessary. This will be good preparation for the main choir itself, where commitment is expected for a whole year. As always, lots of fun will be at the heart of what we do Performances take place in local schools, churches - and even libraries!
Please contact us to register your interest and the musical directors will contact you. We operate a waiting list for new members.
Subscriptions from September 2016 are £33 per term, or £90 when paid upfront for the year. This amounts to very good value at just over £2.50 per week.
Rehearsals are Wednesdays from 4pm-5pm at Four Oaks Methodist Church, B74 2UU
The following two columns set out what we expect from choir members and parents, as well what you’ll receive in return from us! Parental support such as this enables all children to become responsible choir members.
What we are looking for from choir members and parents:
· Punctuality – at the beginning and end of rehearsals. Please ensure you/your child arrives 5 minutes before the start of rehearsal and please collect 10 minutes before the end of rehearsal for any notices.
· Regular committed attendance – commitment is essential ensure that each vocal part is balanced within the whole choir so we can achieve the best we can. We learn and sing challenging pieces, and good teamwork is vital to achieve a standard of excellence.
· Absence – Please write or email to ask permission for any unavoidable absences with as much notice as possible. If any child has been sent home ill from school, please text or call before the rehearsal. We reserve the right to exclude anyone from performances if they miss 2 or more consecutive rehearsals before a performance.
· Performances – our expectation is that all members will attend all performances and competitions. If there is an unavoidable clash, please let us know in writing as soon as dates are released.
· Competitions - where there are limited spaces in competitions, we will endeavour to select as fairly as possible and will take into account attendance.
· Prompt payment – all payments now to be made online. Please ensure subscriptions are paid by the end of the 2nd rehearsal of the term.
· Organisation – choir members will now need to print song sheets/music from the website and bring them to rehearsals in a folder. These will be emailed and/or displayed on website.
· Publicity – in line with our ‘social media policy’ we publish photos and video material on our choirs social media and website. Please provide your consent to this via the annual form issued at the start of each academic year.
· Uniform – any new members of Training and Cluster Choir will be required to purchase a polo-shirt and hoodie/fleece. A strict uniform dress code must be adhered to at every performance.
In return we will…
Inspire a love of music and strive for vocal excellence via inspirational
Prepare for a high level of performance and choral discipline.
Enable members to meet and make new friends.
Provide structured, enthusiastic and fun rehearsals with warm-ups and varied repertoire.
Give opportunities to perform several times a year in various venues, with a variety of performances per term, including competitions and events.
Provide the opportunity to perform with other Choirs, orchestras and bands.
Boost confidence through regular rehearsals, and offer encouragement at all times.
Give opportunities for solos, where necessary, at our discretion.
Provide rewards such as awarding our named mascots to one member each week. A variety of certificates will be awarded at the end of the year or achievements such as 100% attendance and length of service.
Ensure that all leaders and chaperones are DBS checked and fully trained.